Friday, October 5, 2012

Blueberry Kale Smoothie

antioxidant blueberry kale smoothie


Do you prepare smoothies in the morning? Since my change in eating habits, I've started to whip them up more often. Although I prepare many different concoctions often on the fly, this is the one I most want to share. It comes from the nutritionist I visited and it is not only delicious but also loaded with nutrients and antioxidants. Her recipe did no call for chia seeds, but I add them for a boost omega 3, iron and protein. I promise you this is a great way to start the day.



Blueberry Kale Smoothie
3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
2 heaping T organic, low fat Greek yogurt
1/2 c blueberries
1-2 lacinto kale leaves, stemmed and torn into small pieces
1 - 2 T chia seeds (optional)
In a blender, puree almond milk, yogurt, blueberries and kale until smooth, with kale leaves looking like tiny specks. Pout into a glass and stir in chia seeeds for a boost of omega 3, iron and calcium. Let smoothie rest a few minutes to allow the chia seeds to absorb liquid and soften.
Serves 1.
Source:  Jill Crusenberry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...